ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
The Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary admits students of varying educational levels. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of this school. Application for admission to enroll in the school should be addressed to the Registrar, Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary, P.O. Box 570, Henderson, Texas 75653-0570. Applications should be submitted thirty (30) days before the beginning of any semester, if possible. There is a $35.00 (non refundable) application fee which should accompany the application, along with a signed consent form to perform background check (required). For International applicants, an application fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00 – non refundable) must accompany the initial application along with a signed consent to perform a background check (required). Anyone may enroll to audit selected classes by submitting an audit enrollment application, paying a $35.00 (non refundable) filing fee and agreeing to a background check (required).
TRANSFER OF CREDITS
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary accepts credits from other schools on their merit and as they may equate to the curricula requirements. All students with schooling beyond high school should furnish the Registrar with an official transcript of course credits earned from other schools. Credit for such previous education will be determined by the Registrar and made a matter of record in the student’s file. The acceptance of credits from this school by other schools is optional with schools to which the transfer may be made. All schools within the Association of American Baptist Theological Schools do recognize credits of the other schools.
FEES, FINANCES AND OTHER CHARGES
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary is supported by Calvary Baptist Church and other congregations for the purpose of preparing students, primarily God-called ministers and other Christian workers, for the churches of the American Baptist Association. For this reason, students from those churches are provided assistance for their education.
FEES AND TUITION
- A one-time APPLICATION FEE of thirty-five dollars ($35 – non-refundable) must accompany the initial application of all prospective students. International Student Applications must be accompanied by a one-time APPLICATION FEE of one hundred fifty dollars (USD $150) – non-refundable).
- TUITION is two hundred and twenty-five dollars ($225) per credit hour.
- A TERM FEE of fifty ($50) per semester is charged all students.
- A TECHNOLOGY FEE of fifty ($50) per semester is charged all students.
- A one-time LOGOS FEE of approximately three hundred and seventy-five dollars ($375) is assessed each degree-seeking student enrolled.
- AUDIT FEES are one hundred dollars ($100) per course for all audited courses. (APPLICATION FEE, TERM FEE & TECHNOLOGY FEE also apply to all audit students.)
- BIBLE CERTIFICATE CLASS FEE is eighty-five dollars ($85) per course. (No APPLICATION FEE, TERM FEE or TECHNOLOGY FEE. No discounts.)
- Campus housing is available for students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester and their families.
- All rent prices do include internet and trash service, but do not include other utilities.
- The housing deposit and inspection fees are paid directly to the school.
- Utility companies may require additional deposits/fees.
- While the Housing Deposit will be required of everyone, inspection fees and utility deposits/fees will not be required of single students moving in with an established roommate.
- This housing consists primarily of 2-bedroom, Premium 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments.
- Currently, there are a limited number of Premium 2-bedroom apartments that have been recently remodeled and include appliances (Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove & Microwave), but no furniture.
- Single students, married students with no children, and married students with only one child are eligible to rent a 2-bedroom or Premium 2-bedroom apartment.
- Married students with two or more children are eligible to rent a 3-bedroom apartment in addition to the 2-bedroom and Premium 2-bedroom aparments.
- Single students can request to live alone, but the school reserves the right to place a roommate in the room if space is needed.
- If single students are paired as roommates, the rent is split evenly between them.
- Occasionally, furniture and appliances are donated to the school. These are available at no charge based on availability.
- International students will be assisted in acquiring needed furniture and appliances.
**Total Due 1st Month (Includes Deposit & Fees)
- ABA Scholarship:
- Students who have been a member in-good-standing for at least three (3) months of a church affiliating with the American Baptist Association (listed in the current directory of churches maintained by the American Baptist Association) may apply for a scholarship equal to 50% of tuition. An ABA Scholarship Form is available on the my.tbi.edu website or by contacting the Business Office. This form must be approved by the church and signed by the pastor and church clerk. The signed form must be received by the Business Office before the scholarship is awarded.
- MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS: Several Memorial Scholarships are awarded each year.
- G.I.BILL®: TBI is approved for the training of Veterans under Title 38, Section 1776 of the United States Code. Any veteran desiring to enter school under the provisions of the program should contact the Dean’s Office for full information on the application and procedure.
Refund of tuition and fees will be made to withdrawing students as follows: during the first week, 90% refund; second week, 80% refund; third week, 70% refund; fourth week, 60% refund. There will be no refund after the fourth week. In the case of a veteran enrolled under the G.I. Bill® who fails to enter school after enrollment, or withdraws, or is discontinued prior to completion of the term, a pro-rata portion of the amount paid for tuition and fees will be refunded in compliance with section 1776 © (13) of title 38.
Students are personally responsible for all fees, books and living expenses. All fees and money for books and materials necessary for enrollment are due and payable at the time of registration. Any exceptions must be made by special arrangements with the Business Administrator. Arrangements must include a written and signed plan for payment. Enrollment for credit in any class is dependent upon a student’s compliance with the requirements of this section of the catalog.
CREDIT & EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
Area businesses generally give special consideration to TBI students needing credit or employment. The school appreciates this and must have the full cooperation of the student body to maintain good community relationships. Therefore, all students are required to honor all commitments which they or their spouses may make to any business in the area as a customer, prospective employee, or as an employee. Specifically, they must agree not to accept any employment offer which they do not intend to fulfill, to clear all absences with the employer in advance, to give at least a two week notice, if at all possible, before leaving their jobs, and to honorably settle all credit accounts opened with local businesses.
I'm ready to...