NON-DISCRIMINATION & GENERAL ADMISSION STATEMENT
Texas Baptist admits students of varying educational levels according to its admissions standards. Texas Baptist desires to teach those interested in dedicating themselves to the preparation of a worthwhile and effective worker. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of this school. Applications should be submitted at least thirty (30) days before the beginning of any semester. A $35.00 (non-refundable) application fee should accompany the application, along with signed consent form for Texas Baptist to perform a background check (required). International applications should be submitted at least ninety (90) days before the beginning of the semester. A $150 (non refundable) application fee should accompany all international applications, along with a signed consent form for Texas Baptist to perform a background check (required). Anyone may enroll to audit selected classes by submitting an enrollment application, paying the $35.00 (non-refundable) application fee along with signed consent form for Texas Baptist to perform a background check (required).
- Non-refundable Application Fee (as noted above)
- Applicant Essay
- Submitted as part of your application.
- Writing skills are evaluated based upon your essay.
- Official High School or College Transcript
- Must be sent directly from your High School or College to Texas Baptist.
- Transcripts will be reviewed to determine college readiness
- Provisional acceptance will be given for one semester without official transcripts. Official transcripts must be submitted within the first semester of admittance.
- Applicants with a GED (General Educational Development) diploma
- Provide an official GED certificate
- Provide an official GED transcript.
- Background Check Authorization (emailed to you after your application has been submitted)
Students are classified as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year or graduate students. This does not mean that a student must finish all work within these time periods. One’s entrance credits and progress in their work will determine the time required to finish. Students without an educational level which enables them to do first year work may be required to take specially prescribed preparation courses to reach that level.
No student will be permitted to enroll for credit after the last day of the second week of any semester. Late enrollment is allowed by special arrangement on the condition that work missed by the student is fully made up.
The Seminary is divided into two major sections: Institute and Seminary. Students complete their first four years of course work in the Institute. All first year students are enrolled in the Institute Division. Enrollment in Seminary Division is limited to students who have demonstrated capacity for work of that division during the first four years of work in the Institute Division. A demonstrated capacity for work in the first four years of the Institute (at least an 86% average grade – a B) is a pre-requisite to enrollment into the Seminary. The master and doctoral programs are completed at the Seminary level.
TRANSFER OF CREDITS
Texas Baptist accepts credits from other schools on their merit and as they may equate to the curricula requirements. All students with schooling beyond high school should furnish the Registrar with an official transcript of course credits earned from other schools. Credit for such previous education will be determined by the Registrar and made a matter of record in the student’s file. The acceptance of credits from this school by other schools is optional with schools to which the transfer may be made. All schools within the Association of American Baptist Theological Schools do recognize credits of the other schools.
FEES, FINANCES AND OTHER CHARGES
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary is supported by Calvary Baptist Church and other congregations for the purpose of preparing students, primarily God-called ministers and other Christian workers, for the churches of the American Baptist Association. For this reason, students from those churches are provided assistance for their education.
- A one-time APPLICATION FEE of thirty-five dollars ($35 – non-refundable) must accompany the initial application of all prospective students. For international students an application fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150 – non-refundable) must accompany the initial application.
- TUITION is two hundred twenty-five dollars ($225) per credit hour.
- A SEMESTER FEE of fifty dollars ($50) per semester is charged all students.
- A TECHNOLOGY FEE of fifty dollars ($50) per semester is charged all students.
- A LOGOS FEE (Approximately $375) is assessed each degree-seeking student enrolled.
- AUDIT FEES are one hundred dollars ($100) per course for all audited courses. A thirty-five dollar ($35) application fee must accompany the initial application of all prospective audit students. The semester fee and technology fee also apply to all audit students per semester.
- BIBLE CERTIFICATE CLASS FEE is eighty-five dollars ($85) per course. (No application, semester or technology fees. No discounts.)
Refund of tuition and fees will be made to withdrawing students as follows: during the first week, 90% refund; second week, 80% refund; third week, 70% refund; fourth week, 60% refund. There will be no refund after the fourth week. In the case of a veteran enrolled under the G.I. Bill® who fails to enter school after enrollment, or withdraws, or is discontinued prior to completion of the semester, a pro rata portion of the amount paid for tuition and fees will be refunded in compliance with section 1776 © (13) of title 38.
- Students who have been a member of a church affiliating with the American Baptist Association for at least three (3) months may apply for the ABA SCHOLARSHIP. This scholarship is 50% off the per credit hour tuition.
MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS: Several Memorial Scholarships are awarded each year.
Students are personally responsible for all fees, books and living expenses. All tuition and fees are due and payable at the time of registration. Any exceptions must be made by special arrangements with the Business Administrator. Arrangements must include a written and signed plan for payment. Enrollment for credit in any class is dependent upon a student’s compliance with the requirements of this section of the catalog.
Submit official transcripts either by email or mail to the address listed below. All official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school or university. If you have completed university-level coursework outside the U.S., please have your foreign university transcript evaluated by one of the following approved credential evaluation companies: WES, INCRED
High School/Secondary School use:
- Document-by-Document Evaluation (WES)
- Basic Evaluation (INCRED)
University Level Coursework use:
- Course-by-Course Evaluation (WES)
- Course-by-Course Evaluation (INCRED)
EMAIL DOCUMENTS TO: email@example.com
MAIL DOCUMENTS TO:
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary
1300 Longview Dr., Henderson, TX 75652, USA
- Campus housing is available for students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester and their families.
- All rent prices do include internet and trash service, but do not include other utilities.
- The housing deposit and inspection fees are paid directly to the school.
- Utility companies may require additional deposits/fees.
- While the Housing Deposit will be required of everyone, inspection fees and utility deposits/fees will not be required of single students moving in with an established roommate.
- This housing consists primarily of 2-bedroom, Premium 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments.
- Currently, there are a limited number of Premium 2-bedroom apartments that have been recently remodeled and include appliances (Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove & Microwave), but no furniture.
- Single students, married students with no children, and married students with only one child are eligible to rent a 2-bedroom or Premium 2-bedroom apartment.
- Married students with two or more children are eligible to rent a 3-bedroom apartment in addition to the 2-bedroom and Premium 2-bedroom aparments.
- Single students can request to live alone, but the school reserves the right to place a roommate in the room if space is needed.
- If single students are paired as roommates, the rent is split evenly between them.
- Occasionally, furniture and appliances are donated to the school. These are available at no charge based on availability.
- International students will be assisted in acquiring needed furniture and appliances.
**Total Due 1st Month (Includes Deposit & Fees)
I'm ready to...