ACADEMICS: SEMINARY DIVISION
These Seminary Division study programs are normally completed after successful bachelor degree completion. The order of completion for the master programs:
- Master of English Bible
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry
MASTER OF ENGLISH BIBLE DEGREE
The Master of English Bible Degree will prepare a student for teaching, preaching and pastoral ministry. A student will demonstrate the knowledge to use Biblical text and ministry skills for teaching, preaching, and pastoral ministry and a more in-depth application to the world.
Upon completion of the one year, three term course of forty five (45) credit hours, the student may be presented:
- Master of English Bible Degree
MASTER OF THEOLOGICAL STUDIES DEGREE
The Master of Theology Degree will prepare a student for teaching, preaching and pastoral ministry. A student will demonstrate the knowledge to use Biblical text and ministry skills for teaching, preaching, and pastoral ministry and a more in-depth application to the world.
Upon completion of the one year, three term course of thirty seven (37) credit hours, the student may be presented:
- Master of Theological Studies Degree
MASTER OF DIVINITY DEGREE
The Master of Divinity degree program is designed as a three-year masters degree to satisfy the graduate educational needs of a pastor in a local church or para-church organization. The student will complete the hours listed under the Master of English Bible Degree and Master of Theological Studies before beginning the Master of Divinity.
Upon completion of the one year, three term course of thirty five (35) credit hours, the student may be presented:
- Master of Divinity Degree
DOCTOR OF MINISTRY DEGREE (NEW)
The Doctor of Ministry Program is designed to equip the graduate needs of individuals serving in a church or higher education setting. The graduate will gain skills to preach, teach and minister at advanced levels.
*Master of Divinity, with a thesis or equivalent is required to enter the D.Min. program.
- Pastoral Leadership
- Pastor & Biblical Theology
- Church Growth
- Exegesis to Exhortation
- Pastor & Missions
- Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Dissertation Writing
- EXEGESIS TO EXHORTATION (Dr. Proctor – Fall 20/21)
- Interpretation of Scripture is investigated with regard to Biblical preaching that changes hearts for greater understanding and discipleship for Christians.
- CHURCH GROWTH (Dr. Kuykendall – Winter 20/21)
- Prepare the student to successfully evaluate, plan and lead a local church through continuous growth.
- PASTOR & MISSIONS (Dr. Morell – Spring 20/21)
- An in-depth view of the pastor’s role of the local church’s mission program and the pastor’s involvement as leader.
- THE PASTOR & BIBLICAL THEOLOGY (Dr. Barros – Fall 21/22)
- An in-depth study and application of Biblical Theology to contemporary Christian ministries. This course has two main goals: to help Christian leaders to gain an in-depth understanding of Biblical Theology and to train church leaders to apply Biblical Theology to Christian ministries, especially to preaching, teaching, discipleship, and leadership ministries.
- PASTORAL LEADERSHIP (Dr. Clements – Winter 21/22)
- Leadership investigation to inform the Pastor regarding his role in the guidance of the local church or para-church organization for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- PASTORAL CARE & COUNSELING (Dr. Butler – Spring 21/22)
- Counseling that assists the pastor in caring for the flock as well as serve as a foundation for the advancement of spiritual health for the congregation.
- DISSERTATION WRITING (Dr. Barros)
- The dissertation is the final written doctoral-level project that addresses a problem arising out of the student’s own practice of ministry. The project follows the traditional dissertation format, which consists of five chapters organized in the following sequence: Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results, and Conclusion.
Upon completion of the work requirement for the D. Min degree, the student will:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and critical understanding of ministry in which theory and practice inform and enhance each other.
- Employ Biblical and leadership principles of managing situations between persons and within Christian organizations.
- Indicate an advanced understanding and integration of ministry in relation to spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Become conscious of particular personal issues that have an effect on ministry leadership and develop strategy for improvement.
- Explain Biblical and theological truths with sensitivity to the needs of a global society.
- Renew the personal life of faith and servanthood of the participant.
- Plan and implement solutions to a ministry situation.
- Design and formulate a major Doctor of Ministry Project.
Dr. Larry Clements
D.Ed.Min. from Dallas Theological Seminary, Doctor of Theology from California Missionary Baptist Institute, pastor for forty-five years, Editor in Chief of Publication Bogard Press fifteen years.
Dr. Joe Morell
Doctor of Theology from Louisiana Missionary Baptist Institute and Seminary, twenty years as Missionary to Lithuania, pastor for thirty years in United States, lectures extensively on Mission Readiness for local churches, founded and coordinates Missionary Training Ministry for training and equipping leaders for Mission work.
Dr. Bill Kuykendall
Doctor of Theology from Texas Baptist Institute and Seminary. Bill Kuykendall is used as a church assessment and growth facilitator extensively through-out the American Baptist Association.
Dr. Steve Butler
D.Ed.Min. from Southwestern Baptist Seminary, Biblical Counseling Certification from Southwestern Baptist Seminary, Doctor of Theology from Texas Baptist Institute and Seminary, forty-one years associate pastor.
Dr. Francisco Barros
PhD in Classics from University of Sao Paulo, studied at Cambridge University, Research Specialist for Texas Baptist Institute and Seminary.
Dr. David Proctor
D. Min. in Preaching from Union University, certification from Alford Institute in Preaching, Doctor of Theology from Texas Baptist Institute and Seminary, Instructor at Texas Baptist Institute twenty-three years, church pastor twenty-five years.
I'm ready to...